LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenK

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to renovate an established 125 freshwater tank. I have a few plants but the lighting is not enough for what I would like to do. I found this system:

Marineland Aquatic Plant LED Lighting System w/Timer: LED Aquarium Light Fixtures

which I like due to the fact it uses much less electricity and has lower heat output. I just have not had good luck in the past with LEDs and plants in a greenhouse setting, although granted this was 7 years ago and the tech has likely improved since then.

Anyone use this system, and how does it perform? Also how is it as far as longevity?

Thanks so much!

Jen

Full disclosure: I'm pretty much a complete n00b when it comes to planted tanks, but that system seems to be kind of expensive--consider that you could get something from highly-regarded BuildMyLED for about the same price if you're going for high tech, or you could get a couple of Finnex planted+ lights and put them on regular outlet timers for about half the cost.

Back
Top Bottom