LED Lighting - 60g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a 60 gallon today. I currently can't afford to get everything I want for it but I'd like advice and to plan ahead.

I do wanna do plants. I only have experience with amazon swords and anubias. I'd like example of good ones.

The core of the fish I will be getting are denison barbs.

Are LEDS worth it? Will they mess with my fish /invertibrates?

Can someone give links to examples that would be okay with a 60g? I pretty much know nothing about LEDs except that people use them on their salt water reef tanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got the Finnex Planted 24/7 and highly recommend it. It's 130$. It's great with those plants and barbs. It has the entire day cycle and the colors are beautiful. It's great with all my plants and I have a deep tank too, I think yours is just a bit deeper which is good because the anubias doesn't need as much light.

I have been using LED on my planted system since I put it together over 5 years ago. I have recently shut down my SW system and am using LED on my new 40g breeder planted tank. I cannot speak about the lights that are available out there as I built mine myself.

The light on my 40b was designed for SW so there is a split between blue and white light. I have more white LEDs on the way to replace a large amount of the blue to white. I have 42 3w Cree LEDs in the light I built. It is controlled by my Reef Keeper Elite - Dawn -> Dusk effect. Right now I have the white at 100% and the blue at 40%,

There are a few pics of my light in my thread and detailed pics of how I built it in my 40g Reef thread.

I have grown coral as well as FW plants with LEDs.

Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom