Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

LED lights

I have a 55 gallon aquarium which I bought second hand. It came with GE brand freshwater/saltwater aquarium lights, and I want to change to LEDs, but donít know which would be best for my plants. I have easy to keep plants: anubias, swords, and crypts. The anubias and crypts are growing well with my current lights, but the swords have not grown much since I bought them. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks!

Old 05-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I use Fluval Aquasky on my 200 litre tank. Keeps low demand plants in good condition, programmable through a phone app. It has my recommendation.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not sure if it matters but Sorda arw heavy root feeders and definitely benefit from root tabs
Old 05-28-2020, 05:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've had no problems growing all kinds of plants with the VivaGrow DN DayNight RGB 24/7 . A clone of a Finnexy 24/7 at 1/2 the price. I own both and they are identical. The ' mega site' seels them for $60 + shipping for your size tank. You can also look into a BeamsWork DA FSPEC , another decent light for the price. Good Louck !!

JIm

Tags
led, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com