LED lights question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm new to this, so this question is probably pretty dumb. My tank has two LED lights. What kind of plants would successfully grow in it? It has brackish water and fine gravel for substrate. It gets indirect sunlight most of the day. I have a couple of Marimo moss balls in it, but I would like to add plants.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can you give us more specifics on the light you have, such as the brand? Also what size is your tank?

Thank you for replying. It's just a 10gallon Top Fin and the lights are the ones that came with the kit. Two LED lights. I've been reading and it sounds like the answer to my question is "no", but I'm wondering if it makes a difference that The tank also gets indirect sun light from dawn until dusk every day. It's in a bright room.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, those lights will likely be not very optimal for growing plants although the indirect sunlight will help. You could try low light tolerant plants like Java fern, anubias and crypts (particularly v. c ciliata), just keep an eye on any algae development as sometimes indirect sunlight can be stronger than you think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom