LED Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmckinniss

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a standard 55g that is currently unplanted. Looking towards planting before too long and my first step is to upgrade my lighting. I want to move into LED's and I'm looking for product suggestions. What do you use? What do you wish you had? What's ideal? What's the best value? Go!

How far you willing to go?? Weekly ferts? Daily ferts and carbon? Co2?

Finnex has great leds and there not as expensive as others

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you pick up a finnex planted plus than you can get away with a weekly hit of flourish comprehensive and grow low/low moderate light plants, you'd be best using a liquid carbon as well to avoid algae issues, longer the lights on the higher the risk...

If you pick up a finnex planted plus than you can get away with a weekly hit of flourish comprehensive and grow low/low moderate light plants, you'd be best using a liquid carbon as well to avoid algae issues, longer the lights on the higher the risk...

Good points. One thing I'm realizing is that it's a huge task to switch over to planted without having a spare tank.

depends.. What's in there now?

My current substrate is sand, with a handful of large rocks and a long piece of driftwood.

I've got a Golden Gourami, a handful of Panda Corys, a Bristlenose Pleco, a few Silver Flying Foxes, and a pair of Platies.

I'm running a Aqueon Quietflow 55.

You're all set! I have sand in my planted tank too, if you're wanting to go all out high tech than I'd say think about Eco complete or flourite...Get that led, grab some swords, crypts, anubias and some root tabs and flourish and hit me up!!

You're all set! I have sand in my planted tank too, if you're wanting to go all out high tech than I'd say think about Eco complete or flourite...Get that led, grab some swords, crypts, anubias and some root tabs and flourish and hit me up!!

Really? You think all I'd need to do is upgrade my lighting and go with low-light plants? Hmmm. Maybe this won't be as crazy after all.

definitely not bad I have my low light 55 gallon setup with gravel that's not a problem I just use root tabs to make up for it.

if you do go with the finnex planted plus make sure you don't buy the finnex ray 2 that is for a more high to a medium light tank

Back
Top Bottom