LED/T2 setup for a 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gravereaper0

Aquarium Advice Freak
Doing my research for the lighting. Going with the gro beam 1000. I would like to get two of them one on each side, and have a couple T2s from the same company in the middle. But not sure if the T2s have enough light to grow a carpet 30+ inches below the water. Should I just suck it up and get a third gro beam 1000? Those prices make me wanna throw up just thinking about it, but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.

At that point I would probably start looking into MH, but I am resistant to jumping on the LED bandwagon. If you're happy with your LED GroBeams, you can certainly get more of them.

I don't want the heat that's associated with MH. I'm asking about the setup I described. Pretty much wanna know if the T2s will be adequate enough for the middle of the tank with the gro beams on the sides.

The problem that you're going to run into is that neither T2 nor GroBeams have been extensively used in the hobby, so there is not much qualitative information and probably almost no quantitative information. Light produced is also dependent on a number of other factors; most significantly in your case will probably be reflectors as newer T2 fixtures probably aren't using decent parabolic reflectors like higher end T5 do. The light you need will also depend on what your setup is going to be, most particularly your co2 and what foreground you're trying to grow.

Back
Top Bottom