LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pantsnothanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can LEDs grow aquatic plants well? And if so would it be enough for CO2?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes and yes.
Not all LED light fixtures are the same. There is a vast difference in quality, effectiveness, and cost.

Can LEDs grow aquatic plants well? And if so would it be enough for CO2?

YES! There are tons of great LEDs on the market for planted aquariums that are much better than any fluorescent lighting. If you are looking for a great started fixture for a medium light planted tank look into the Finnex Planted+.

Would I be able to just buy led strips and diy it?

YES! There are tons of great LEDs on the market for planted aquariums that are much better than any fluorescent lighting. If you are looking for a great started fixture for a medium light planted tank look into the Finnex Planted+.

how does this compare to the Current Satellite LED+?

how does this compare to the Current Satellite LED+?

I can't offer a comparison, but I have a LED+ and I feel like it should be stronger. I'm thinking about trying a finnex now....

I have built a couple LED fixtures. Both of my larger tanks have custom built LEDs on them.

Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey Post #124 for a view of the fixture and some notes. Another thread of mine has the build of the light. I built this originally for a Reef Tank and then modified it for my planted tank.

Ziggy's 54g Corner Rescape Post #83 for an overview of the rebuild of this light also originally built for a Reef Tank.

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to share what I know.

Back
Top Bottom