Life after CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been feeding CO2 in my 29g for about a week. I started out slow and have been adjusting until now. I have a KH of 7.0 (which does not seem to change) and a pH of 7.0 which calculates out to about 21 ppm of CO2. This should be ok from what I have been reading.

I have taken the same approach with ferts to start with since my nitrates in the tank are ~40 ppm by the end of the week and my phosphate never seems to move off of 2 ppm. With these readings I have chosen not to feed nitrate or phosphate yet.

The plants are making great improvements in overall mass as well as color.

My questions:

Should the plant uptake of phosphate and nitrate increase as their health increases?

Will CO2 intake increase, causing me to feed even more co2 to maintain the desired ppm in the tank?

Really?

I can do that.

What about the fert. takeup?

EDIT: Ok I uped it to ~2 bps. It was a little over 1.5, we'll see where it ends up tomorrow.

SparKy697 said:
Really?

I can do that.

What about the fert. takeup?

EDIT: Ok I uped it to ~2 bps. It was a little over 1.5, we'll see where it ends up tomorrow.
yea fert up take might be a little higher, but not that much IMO plus if you are dosing EI you are adding extra anyways :D

Back
Top Bottom