Light advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,
Im downgrading my 55g to a 40g(for multiple reasons), technically I've looked up dimensions and aquari calc says its only 37g (36x15x16) and the light that is currently on the 40g being given to me is very underpowered. Im looking at a few options and an LED option was one of them. Let me just start off by saying i dont understand the requirements for LEDs. Ive always used fluorescents. Ive tried understanding the requirements but my brain just goes into white noise mode when i try to read about it.
So heres what im looking at.
Plants to be in tank:
Amazon swords, crypts, java ferns and maybe vallisneria.
Here are profiles of the two lights im looking at.
Option 1) t5 dual bulb up to 78 watts total.
Pretty self explanatory. I know fluros. They work well. They are simple. I like that. But i love the look at leds put out.
Option 2) -of which i am going to copy and paste because this is all flibbertygibbet to me-
LED 36" 0.50W 66x - 3000 lumen 60x 10000K, 6x Actinic (meaning there are 66 .5 watt bulbs)
Option 3) i could really copy and paste it so im just going to attach a screen shot of the unit.
Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 1438180168376.jpg
    1438180168376.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 54
Your list is low/med lighting. So that makes it fairly easy for ya. Honestly, im a huge fan of tje finnex leds. Especially the planted+ or the planted plus 24:7. I also know BML (buildmyled.com) has lots of options. Those would be my suggestion. Although i got talked into to trying an elive pod led light. Its cheap, working well, and you can add pods of leds to it. It allows for full spectrum customization to fit your needs with lighting. Jurys still out on the eLive, but its growing plants well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also the pods of lights for the eLive led are only abt 7.99. So its cheap to upgrade slowly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom