Light Rec. for 10 G Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks, I'm getting ready to set up a little 10G planted in my sons room and wanted to ask a quick lighting question. I'm going to be using eco-complete, sloped up on one side and am going to grow a carpet of Dwarf Sag ( other ? ) and a clump of Alternanthera reineckii ( or something Red ) planted maybe 1/2 way up the 'hill' so it's closer to the light with a couple of Dragon stones thrown in for hardscape.
What light would be good for this set-up? I want to keep it low tech so he can take care of it !! I have a Finnex ray 2 on my hi-tech tank and I love it, but not sure if that's too bright for a smaller tank. Current Satellite is an option but I know nothing other than what I've read......I could probably go up to $125.00
I'm trying to drop/ not think about everything I do in my hi tech set up, CO2, Crazy fert regiments, etc....and want to keep it simple for an 11 year old !!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also other plant recommendations are welcomed too, not hard and fast on my selection either. Again, my hi tech tank has like seven different plants in it, but it's a much bigger tank. I think the smaller tank would benefit from just two maybe three types of plants.

Jim

Thanks for that heads-up Barliman !! I've never seen that light before. Been reading about it for a while here and it looks like a good deal on a good light !! I think i'm going to give that a shot ! For that price it's pretty hard to beat !!

THANKS Again !!!

Jim

Finnex stingray would be perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was looking at the Stingray as well. There's more white leds in the Finnex compared to the Stingray so I was thinking that might be a factor in trying to get some red plants to stay red. Do you have experience with the Stingray ? I bought a Beamswork a while back and it's going in the dumpster soon. Not even going to sell it used i'm so disappointed in it. That made me think about price vs. quality and the Stingray is really cheap so my radar goes off !!

I run the following
Stingray
Planted plus
Current sat plus
Knock off 247
Bml
based in what I know I'd recommend the stingray. If you want to keep red plants singing than you'll need to take it up a notch so the 24 7 may be best. Mine is dimmed down on a low light co2 display and it's doing great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom