Light suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cold Canadian

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a planted 26 gallon bowfront aquarium. It is about 16" deep and 24" wide. What type of light are you all running and would recommend? I'm thinking LED, but still want the best bang for my buck.IMG_20190619_192425019.jpg

Tank Lighting

I am setting up a planted 26 gallon bowfront aquarium. It is about 16" deep and 24" wide. What type of light are you all running and would recommend? I'm thinking LED, but still want the best bang for my buck.View attachment 313175

Hello Cold...

We'd really need to know what plants you intend to keep. I keep tank plants that just require low to moderate light. So, I use florescent bulbs from the hardware store. My plants like the 32 watt, T8s that are in the 6500K range. A four bulb set up will provide quite a bit of light and I just hang the fixture above the tank.

B

Fluval AquaSky I just bought one for my planted aquarium and it's AMAZING. Youtube it. Your tank will look soooo good ☺

Back
Top Bottom