Light upgradation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinciboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
All, I am novice in lighting.. My All-Glass has 20W light which came as a package. Can u upgrade this.. what are all my options.. I have lot of plants in my tank.

The fixture you have is not upgradable by itself but there are almost limitless lighting options.

The bulb/ballast combo you have now is a "Normal Output Florecent" ballast and bulb. Of the different types of florecents this is the lowest light output option. The other florecent options although are not compatable with a NO ballast. Other options include VHO, T-5 and PC for florecent. In addition to the bulb type you also should consiter the output specitrum. The sepectrum is mesured in Kelvin where the lower the K the more yellow/red is in the light output.

You can purchase retail hood kits that include an enclosure, bulb, ballast and reflector or you can purchase a retrofit kit. This kit usually includes a ballast, reflector and endcaps. You then purchase the bulb seperate. The retrokit would then be installed in a canopy that you build or purchase thats empty.

Back
Top Bottom