Light upgrade???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ambush0908

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I currently have a Aqauneat LED 48" strip. It is pretty standard with no colors other than white and some blue for night. I started with some low light plants. Wysteria, Java Ferns etc and they seem to be doing well. Especially the Wysteria. I do not have any algae. Like most of us I am never satisfied. :) I was thinking of upgrading to a Fluval or Finnex LED so I can expand the plants I am keeping. My worry is that it will backfire and harm my current plants and cause algae problems. I have never kept plants before so I am not sure what to expect and would welcome any advice or direction.

75 Gal Tank
Tropical Community
Frequent water changes (3 a week, 20-50%)
I am trying Plant Fertilizer pellets in sand and Flourish Comprehesive

Hello,

I currently have a Aqauneat LED 48" strip. It is pretty standard with no colors other than white and some blue for night. I started with some low light plants. Wysteria, Java Ferns etc and they seem to be doing well. Especially the Wysteria. I do not have any algae. Like most of us I am never satisfied. :) I was thinking of upgrading to a Fluval or Finnex LED so I can expand the plants I am keeping. My worry is that it will backfire and harm my current plants and cause algae problems. I have never kept plants before so I am not sure what to expect and would welcome any advice or direction.

75 Gal Tank

Tropical Community

Frequent water changes (3 a week, 20-50%)

I am trying Plant Fertilizer pellets in sand and Flourish Comprehesive

Finnex get a good rep on this forum. I'd say you'll need 2 if u want to go more than low light plants in a 75g. If keeping it low light one will be fine. They are dimmable so start it low and work your way up over a week or so to avoid a bloom ;)

Back
Top Bottom