Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dstephen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 37 gallon tall that is almost 23 inches tall. I have the Fluval Eco Bright LED lights. My concern is I have plants like Rotala indica that I recently got. Do I have enough light for plants like that, that need high light?

I have a 37 gallon tall that is almost 23 inches tall. I have the Fluval Eco Bright LED lights. My concern is I have plants like Rotala indica that I recently got. Do I have enough light for plants like that, that need high light?

Can't find any par ratings for your fixture? Anyway it might be ok. U should only need 35+ par at substrate. Aslong as the ferts etc are good u should be fine. Do u have co2?

No. I've never really looked into it? What about liquid co2?

I just bought some api liquid co2 and was wondering if it was effective for flora/harmful to fauna as well.

Yea look it's better than nothing but majority high light plants will want pressurised.
High lighting and lack of co2 = algae

Liquid co2 is not harmful to fish unless over dosed. It is harmful to some shrimp I think? Plants love it!

Is pressurized co2 pretty expensive? I'm sorry that's the one thing I haven't done a lot of research on.

Is pressurized co2 pretty expensive? I'm sorry that's the one thing I haven't done a lot of research on.

Initial set up can be. Check on eBay or Amazon for the price of a small cyclinder (2.6kg or 5lb) and an aquatek regulator, co2 tubing, diffuser (inline is best if u use canister filters) a co2 drop checker and a bubble counter.

I suggest doing abit of research on co2 if going down this route. U MUST maintain 25-30 ppm of co2 for the duration of your lighting period.

Tank refills are cheap and a tank will last u about 4-5 months

your going to plunk down close to $300 for regulator with gauges, solenoid, tank, metering valves, bubble counter and diffuser/reactor

but if you want that high tech tank its necessary...

I think you can grow it fine without co2. But its always a plus.

Back
Top Bottom