Lighting a 40x40x40cm cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tessa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I have just bought myself an Aqua one Aquanano 40 cube tank, I would like it to be moderate - high lighting so I am replacing the 18W light it came with.. any suggestions on what could be suitable for it?
I am looking at this light, would it be suitable?
Florescent Light Fittings And Accessories - Florescent Compact Light Fittings - 400MM Long Aquarium Top Light 2x 24 watt POWER COMPACT - Guppy’s Aquarium Products Online - 400MM Long Aquarium Top Light 2x 24 watt POWER COMPACT
If not, any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance :)

Tank will have diy co2 and flourish excel to start with, i hope to eventually have 'proper' pressurized co2.. one day. I'm not 100% sure what plants i want yet, but i want to have the option to grow high/moderate light plants.. I like the idea of a HC carpet but Im not sure of thats achievable or not.
Tank is a 40x40x40cm cube, approx 15 gallons.

Also, the tank will have Eco complete as subtrate, not sure if thats relevent here or not...

Yeah I don't want a 24'' light.. do they make T5HO in smaller sizes at all? I think 24'' is the smallest I've seen.
That website looks good (so do the prices!) but unfortunately I'm in Australia so I doubt they'd ship to me.
What do you think of the light I posted above? I like that it is 40cm so will fit the tank exactly, but the price is very low and I guess you get what you pay for..
Otherwise I was looking at these.. either a 12" PC reflector Age of Aquariums - Aqualina Single Compact reflector 12inch with this globe Age of Aquariums - Catalina 10k/Plant 24w Total $99 inc postage
Or a 18" reflector Age of Aquariums - Aqualina Single Compact reflector 18inch with this globe Age of Aquariums - Catalina 10k/Plant 36w total $133.50 inc postage.
Would either of these be enough light?
Also, are you able to grow plants with an LED light such as these ones? LED Lights -                                  Liverpool Creek Aquariums

Back
Top Bottom