Lighting Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeremy1978

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help

I have a 55 gallon tank that currently has a few plants that seem to do well. I do have co2 set up and feed with seachem flourish twice a week. I am interested in introducing some HC to the tank but am concerned of the lighting requirments, as you can see in my profile I am running two fixtures, one 48 inch coralife dual bulb T5 with one 28 watt color max and one zoo med 54 watt HO plant bulb, also one 24 inch T8 with a 17 watt zoo med reef sun bulb. I also have a 21 inch white/blue LED system but that's really just for looks. Please anyone with experience any feed back on if this is enough light for HC , or if not what changes could I make without having to buy more fixtures? Thank you for reading!

I think you could support HC, and it would probably grow. It might not stay very compact (i.e. it might start to kind of grow UP on your instead of OUT). However, I would give it a try.

I also would recommend CO2 injection for it though. It does much better in a CO2 rich environment.

Yea, I'm going to take a run at it. I do have CO2 injection in the tank. And I also feed with seachem flourish and root tabs, thank you for your feed back.

Back
Top Bottom