Lighting combination 90gal 3x54w T5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have in supply:
2 Giesemann Aquaflora
2 Giesemann Midday
2 Zoo Med 10,000 k
1 Hagen Lifeglo

I was using 10,000k/ Lifeglo/ 10,000k

Last night I tried Midday/ Aquaflora/ Midday. It made some of my plants pearl but visually it was "blah"

This morning i've tried Midday/ Aquaflora/ 10,000k. A bit more appealing visually.

Now I'm trying Midday/ 10,000k/ Midday
Much crisper looking

Opinions please? I know that the Midday, Aquaflora may be the best for the plants but I don't like the appearance.

Try the aquaflora and two 10,000k's. I would definitely suggest keeping the aquaflora in there, and figuring out what looks best from there. I can't say enough good things about the aquafloras.

Yeah, you said that in my other thread. I definitely like the Giesemann bulbs for sure. I did notice pearling last night but didn't like the appearance. 10,000k Aquaflora combo Is the only one I haven't tried.

I used to think 10,000k's looked better too. But, I find that planted tanks look a little better with less of a crispy white, and more of a warm hue to them. It took me a while to get there, but IMO, the plants look washed out with bright white light now. As with everything in the hobby, your initial feelings change. Fish choices change, scaping opinions change, etc. I think you'll find that the midday, aquaflora, midday look will be more visually appealing later down the road, it might just take you a bit to get there.

1. I've just tried the 10,000k/ Aquaflora/ 10,000k combo. I definitely like that look.

2.I just tried the 10,000k/ Aquaflora/ midday combo. I like this also

Would I benefit more with the addition of the midday in #2?

Back
Top Bottom