lighting for moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't decided on what kind of moss i should get but do i need a different lighting for them? or can I just use the light that i got from an aqueon deluxe kit?

In my experience, most moss isn't very picky and will grow even in very low light. My java moss is growing like crazy in my fluvial chi with only the very dim LED light that came with it. I have mosses in all my tanks, several different kinds (java, x-mas, and weeping moss) and under various kinds of lighting (daylight only, T5HO, stock T8 which I think is what you have, and LED lights) and it's thriving in all my tanks. Java moss in particular is extremely easy to grow and won't require anything special. If you have enough light to see the moss it has enough light to grow.

In my experience, most moss isn't very picky and will grow even in very low light. My java moss is growing like crazy in my fluvial chi with only the very dim LED light that came with it. I have mosses in all my tanks, several different kinds (java, x-mas, and weeping moss) and under various kinds of lighting (daylight only, T5HO, stock T8 which I think is what you have, and LED lights) and it's thriving in all my tanks. Java moss in particular is extremely easy to grow and won't require anything special. If you have enough light to see the moss it has enough light to grow.

speaking of moss. what type of moss in your opinion is the easiest to grow? besides java.

I think, besides java, weeping moss has been the easiest to grow. It will grow under almost any conditions even in very very low light and warmer temperatures. Plus it's beautiful and droops down instead of growing up towards the light.

do weeping moss need trimming every once in awhile? and do they grow fast?

Weeping moss is a slow grower but very, very hardy. Almost anything you plant is going to need trimming now and again, weeping moss included, but you won't have to trim it very often.

oh okay thank you little foot
last question... what kind of moss grows quick?

Back
Top Bottom