Lighting good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V p1839

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had this tank for almost two years. I was a total noob and did everything wrong. I'm beginning to learn. I recently gave away my koi but still have my goldfish in my 12g tank. There are a few plants and bubbles. An undergravel filter that when it gets warmer will be broken down and used for the meshing to hold plants down. I guess my question is do I have the right lighting. It's a Marineland Natural Daylight F15T8/18". I leave it on a timer for 10hrs a day 8am-6pm everyday. Is this sufficent lighting. I believe I have an anubous and don't know the other similar to a sword. Got them from petsmart tubes.

That's what 15w? Your anubias is fine. Anything else will most likely need more lighting if you really want to keep live plants. The tank might be considered small for a goldfish, due to their abundance of bio-load.

Bottomfeeder88 said:
That's what 15w? Your anubias is fine. Anything else will most likely need more lighting if you really want to keep live plants. The tank might be considered small for a goldfish, due to their abundance of bio-load.

Yeah I know, but I just got rid of my koi. I have a 30g filter that helps keep the bio-load in check.

Back
Top Bottom