Lighting question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phishkeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just found a t5 ho ballast with two 24 watt flora sun bulbs already in it on super clearance because its missing one of it's feet to mount it above the aquarium. I used the suspension mounting kit to suspend the lighting above my aquarium, but I am stuck at a decision point - do I a) hang the light 4-5 inches above my tank, allowing the existing fixture (18 watt t8) to sit in front of it or b) mount the t5ho closet to the water and ditch the existing fixture all together. Please help!

Forgot to mention that the existing fixture would not block and light from the t5 ho in situation a)

It really depends on how much light you want. Keeping both fixtures will probably require CO2.

I already added co2 (diy generator/diffuser) because I was planning on upgrading the lighting in the next few weeks anyways. I'll leave them both on for now and see how things go

Now that I've been electrocuted by the old fixture I'm going with just the old one, and I agree it looks much cleaner

Phishkeeper said:
Now that I've been electrocuted by the old fixture I'm going with just the old one, and I agree it looks much cleaner

I mean, going with just the new one. My brain must be fried from the shock

Back
Top Bottom