Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Lighting Question

Is it possible to just have a lid over the tank and an outside light shining on the fish tank as my light source?
I just recently added plant bulbs to my 20g high and they have begun rooting and sprouting.
My current light source is just 3 blue led lights attached to a lid belonging to 10g glow light start up kit that have ginue rigged to my current tank.
I have one plant sprouting leaves all the way to the top of the tank they are green but curling inwards.
The others seem to be doing fine.
Plant stock
1 Banna Plant
1 Water Lily Bulb- so far just has several sprouts shooting from it
1 onion bulb-with one long growing stock
2 apono bulbs- both sprouting short stems with leaves growing towards bottom of tank
2 different apono bulbs- 1 is the plant witj the leaves at top of tank the 2nd bulb is still inactive.
I am using API leaf zone and root tabs.
Just wondering if my lighting is good enough.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
light, lighting, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com