Lighting ?????,s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvanv

Aquarium Advice Regular

I am setting up a 20 gallon long tank and need to order a light. I am looking at the All Glass Twin Tube (40watts total). Will this be enough light for low light plants? I do not want to deal with CO2 at this time. I need some advice from people who have had experience with this. The more I read these messages the more confused I get. :?

That would be perfect for low light plants. Might even be able to slip in a few higher light plants. Co2 should not be an issue.

Thanks for the quick response. I have ordered the light and hope to be able to grow great plants once all is set up.

I ordered the light from Drs. Foster & Smith. They handle the All Glass Twin Tube light.
I have ordered from them before and also have emailed questions and they have replied quickly.

That is perfect for a 20 gallon. I have a 29 gallon and have a bit over 2 watts per gallon (65W CF bulb) and do not inject CO2 and my plants are pretty much out of control. :D

Back
Top Bottom