Lily problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somecallmedaniel16

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought a small package of lilly bulbs at Petsmart a while back. I followed the instructions and after about a week, a bulb sprouted. If you want you can check out a picture of the first one to sprout (taken a week ago) in my album on my page. It is in the front, on the right hand corner. Nevertheless, a week after this, my lilly has shot up, all the way to the surface of the water. The leaves are huge! So here are my questions: will the plant require trimming to keep it under control? How big do these lillies get? Should I remove the plant altogether so that it does not shade the rest of my plants and prevent them from having light? Any other advice would be appreciated. :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN2186.jpg
    DSCN2186.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2187.jpg
    DSCN2187.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 86
Generally speaking *lilly* is a pond plant. They do get very large. The leafs rest on the surface where some species flower. Your's looks like, Sagittaria Latifolia common name being, Arrow Head. They grow up to 2/3 feet and sprout white flowers. Depending on your tank size you many want to reconcider the Lilly plant. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom