Liquid co2 v. Pressurised system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdiaz9026

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello i have a 55g planted with MH 250 watt fixture. I use flourish excel for carbon but was wondering if liquid co2 like api co2 booster is a viable use for co2 and will it make my plants grow. I currently have 4+ watts per gallon. All help apprectiated thank you, jorge

Yep, they are the same thing. I am just pointing out semantics at this point but they aren't actually CO2 additives. they just add a fancy liquid carbon molecule known as Glutaraldehyde to the water that your plants can absorb. Plants grow about half as fast on them as they do true CO2.

Instead of either of those supplements go with this Cidex Metricide Omnicide 14 Day Sterilization Gallon | eBay

It's 2x as strong so you will only need to dose half as much compared to excel. You might also look at increasing your dosage altogether if you have a heavily planted tank.

Hey mebbid, I'm not wanting the whole gallon, they have quarts of metricide 14 cold?? Sane thing??

Thank you mebbid! How much should i dose with metricide 14? I dont suppose there are instructions on the bottle ..

Thank you mebbid! How much should i dose with metricide 14? I dont suppose there are instructions on the bottle ..

Nope. Basically follow the directions on the excel bottle but half the dosage. So the recommended dosage of the metricide 14 would be 1ml every 20 gallons of tank volume daily. It is safe to dose up to 1ml per 2 gallons of water assuming you slowly work your way up to that high of a dosage. I.E. start out at 1ml / 20g then after a week or so 1 ml / 10g, then after another week 1ml / 5g. The need to do that will depend on how heavily planted your tank is though.

That doesn't hurt the bacteria cycle?

Nope. Its basically the exact same thing as Seachem's excel except 2x as strong. I dose 5ml of the metricide in my 10g tank daily which is 10x the recommended dosage of excel and have had absolutely no issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom