Looking for input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I posted this in my tank thread but thought I'd throw it past all the planted tank folks. This is a new Fluval Spec V that's going to be shrimp only and I want to keep pretty much low tech. What it looks like as of this evening:

img_3314165_0_1d9b8c0369b34458bc15ee423fab9a7b.jpg

I originally wasn't going to do stem plants but I'm happy with the small cluster of dwarf sag.

Placement of the cholla ok? I do have more I can add, both straights and branched.

I'm thinking about adding either a few anubias or java ferns in the with cholla, would one be better than the other?

Even at the lowest setting the filter output is strong which is why the baby tears is a ball at the opposite end of the tank. Any suggestions for low-light floaters that don't mind a bit of water movement?

Any other thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated :flowers:

My water sprite seems to be doing fine/good. Low light and the sponge filter pushes them to 1 side.

I posted this in my tank thread but thought I'd throw it past all the planted tank folks. This is a new Fluval Spec V that's going to be shrimp only and I want to keep pretty much low tech. What it looks like as of this evening:

img_3314265_0_1d9b8c0369b34458bc15ee423fab9a7b.jpg

I originally wasn't going to do stem plants but I'm happy with the small cluster of dwarf sag.

Placement of the cholla ok? I do have more I can add, both straights and branched.

I'm thinking about adding either a few anubias or java ferns in the with cholla, would one be better than the other?

Even at the lowest setting the filter output is strong which is why the baby tears is a ball at the opposite end of the tank. Any suggestions for low-light floaters that don't mind a bit of water movement?

Any other thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated :flowers:

Looks ok to me. Could the chollo be arranged and stacked like a card castle to create the effect of tree roots with extra chollo planed on the substrate? You could add moss at the top which would encourage the shrimp to climb to the top which could be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom