Looking for inspiration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm planning on changing up my tanks and am liking for advice;
Tank 1: 23"x12", one Aqua glow T8 18" light, sand substrate
Occupants: 1 betta 8 copper rasboras

Tank 2: 31"x24", two interpret daylight 24" bulbs, sand substrate
Occupants: 3 Siamese alage eaters, 3 corys, 12 rosy tetras

I currently have baby tears in the tanks, I love them but they have a terrible habit of unrooting themselves esp during water changes and in the larger tank just aren't enough. I've tried crypts but just didn't get on with them.

I'm looking for some nice easy plants that will benefit the fish and look great.

I dose with flourish, excel and API leaf

Any ideas welcome

If you didn't use root tabs that could have been your problem with the crypts. It is also common for them to melt when added to a new tank but almost always grow back. What did they do?

You could try Water sprite or Wisteria (use root tabs with wisteria), look into sword plants, red or green tiger lotus. You would also want to use root tabs with sword plants or tiger lotus If you have any driftwood or rocks you can use Anubia's, Java Ferns, or Bolbitus tied onto them.

Thanks river cats. I did and do use root tabs I just didn't like the way the roots tracked everywhere! There are some plants there I haven't heard of so will have a look at them.
I know wisteria doesn't seem to do well either but haven't used root tabs with them in the past

Just looked at those red tiger lotus how pretty! Def want one of them jst hope I can get them in the UK

If your looking for a carpet, I just got some dwarf four leaf clovers for one of my tanks, they are really pretty and grow like weeds.

Finally got it done! Just missing a little something in the right hand side prob some wood
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392746349.635208.jpg

Back
Top Bottom