Looking to move up from plant'fixtures' to substrate 'planted' setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikyll1969

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a freshwater tropical community type 20 gallon tank. I have multiple plant 'fixtures' of live plant types, but nothng growing in the base gravel...

I am debating swapping to a few different types of plants, that are more rooted in the gravel, but I don't really know how to do it.

I have a combo filter system of an undergravel setup, and a regular filter hanging off the side of the tank. The gravel is basic midsize semi-rough gravel over the undergravel filter.

I have multiple pieces of architecture with plants growing from it... but feel like I want to remove a couple of those and go to different types of live planted species.

any ideas or advice on what I should work on? Can I just get some live plants and set them into the gravel, or do I need a different additional substrate material? Will the undergravel filterplates add any issues I need to think about, or will the plants be fine with the extra clear space under them?

Back
Top Bottom