Low light grasses w/sand, no co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandenG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm very confused, the more threads I read the worse it gets

I'm looking for a grass like carpeting plant that will work well in low light, buried in a sand substrate without a co2 system, there are so many varieties out there I have no idea what would work.

I understand that more light will help with spreading but im ok with them going a little taller and just planting a ton of em.

I'd like to go with a Marineland LED system if that would help with lighting but I'm not sure

Any advice or suggestions are very much appriated.

There isn't really a carpeting plant that will carpet well w/o CO2 or good lighting. There are some foreground plants that you can get that will do fine under medium-ish light, but not 'carpet' in the traditional sense of the word.

+1
Low light really doesn't work with carpeting plants. Even if you could find one that could survive low light it would probably grow pretty tall. Unless your willing to go atleast medium light carpets arent really an option. Mosses are a different story though. They're not grass but you can carpet them if you use rocks or mesh.

Back
Top Bottom