low light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well next time i go to the lfs im going to ask for their stock list since i basicaly know the people at the fish area :D and im going to see if they have any good plants to order

since im low light i noticed a lot of anubiases are low light and also are the nanas. are there anything special about these plants if i can order some? i know that their rootball cannot be fully buried or so ive read but anything else

also its there any type of low light ground cover? or any other hardy low light plants without co2 for all these also. i have hornwort alrady and some rotala indicia which is somewhat medium but it seems like its thriving

any help is apreciated thanks!

In regard to the anubias (nana is a anubia), they are similar to java fern, tie it to rocks or driftwood.

I'm currently trying out dwarf sag and stargrass as a ground cover. Check my most recent plant pics to see what it looks like.

As far as I understand, you can fully bury the roots. But you don't want to bury the rhizome. It needs to be in open water. This week I should be getting my Anubias nana verigated. Ships Thursday and will have it Friday. Free shipping of course, as they were out when they shipped my other order and told me I could cancel the order or keep it and they'd ship it no charge. So I elected to get it. Will place mine on my driftwood. Have a perfect place for it.

I had ordered over 125.00 in plants, but they were out of that one plant. So they shipped the rest, and gave me the option of cancelling that plant, or keeping it and they'll ship it no cost.

And the shipping isn't just 35.00. It's the minimum I believe. My shipping was around 60.00 overnight.

Yeah, when I ordered plants from there, my shipping ended up being about $60 too. Quite the shock when you're expecting $20-$30 shipping. That's why I only order plants from places that give me the up front shipping cost now. It's really too bad, because AzGardens has some really nice plants.

they do fedex overnight and charge actual cost.. It is a great deal if you go in with a friend and split shipping. You can also verbally ask them to send priority post office but they won't gurantee their plants if you send slowr than overnight.

Back
Top Bottom