Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Low tech lighting question

I have a Nifcrew 15 watt light for my 10 gallon with the digital timer that lets you adjust the light strength. I have java fern, anabas, crypts, jungle Val and guppy grass. The light can adjust from from 0( off) to 100, full strength. I know my ember tetras and Betta prefer the light to be lower, around 50 percent or a bit less. Whatís the lowest setting I could put the light at to keep my plants happy? As of now I have it at 95 from from 7 am to 3, then gradually less until it shuts off at 7pm

Old 02-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say as low as possible to keep the plants happy; else, you will have an algae farm with too much light.

dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have 4 nerite snails so I want some algae to fed them!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Itís hard to say; often the only way to know is to try a schedule and see how things respond. If youíre seeing too much algae or poor growth in a couple weeks try adjusting. Youíll want to make changes slowly though because it can take plants a while to adjust to a new schedule.

Tags
light, lighting, low tech, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com