Low tech plant setup.. Other plants and ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm running a standard 75g with my main fixture running two 54w 10k bulbs at the moment.. (Ordering 6700k to replace those)

I don't want to go pressurized or DIY Co2... (Unless I can do pressurized on a budget of $150) Only have a small sized Java Fern in in right now that seems happy.. No growth that I can tell, but it isn't browning or melting on me..

I would like to add some more plants and would like to know what makes sense and if it would make sense to order the Seachem "Fundamentals" kit that includes flourish, flourish excel, and flourish iron..

I'm trying to put an order together for DrsF&S and want to go ahead and get what I may need...

Thanks!!

you should be able to put together a co2 system for around $150 though you really dont need it. no need to waste your money on seachems ferts since you mostly pay for the water. if you really want fertz then get dry ferts but with one java fern you dont need it.

stick with your lower light plants to start with and work your way up like anubias crypts moss and so on. if you need help finding plants just let me know.

There is an ebay auction LINK that I am looking at.. It has...
A few more Java Ferns, Amazon Sword, Crypt Lucens, Grandifoluus Sword, Anubias Congensis, and Aponogneton Crispus..

If I go with more plants, what kind of dry ferts should I be looking in to? Was looking at aquariumplants.com fert tabs since I have play sand substrate that I would put around the root feeders..

Should I get a couple test kits as well? KH & GH, Phosphate, anything else?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom