Low Tech Planted 10 Gall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lifeofscales

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started cycling a 10 gallon, which will be the home to some guppies and snails. Started cycling Friday. I have sand currently but want to switch to some type of dirt before the cycle really establishes. What would you suggest I buy that will help my plants stay healthy? Is Stratum all that?

Also what are some good low tech plants besides swords, Anubias and anacharis? I'd like some color variety as well if possible. Thanks!

Frankly if you’re using mostly plants like anacharis / anubius etc you don’t really need a special plant substrate or soil. Even swords will do find in just about anything plus a root tab from time to time.

Frankly if you’re using mostly plants like anacharis / anubius etc you don’t really need a special plant substrate or soil. Even swords will do find in just about anything plus a root tab from time to time.

I would like to have some variety in there, right now I have swords and do have root tabs in atm

If you are going to change the substrate then you will have to start the cycle all over again. And are you planning on capping the dirt with some type of inert substrate to keep the suspended particles down?

Back
Top Bottom