Ludwigia and water sprite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've done research on both but it's nice to hear personal experiences on both. I personally like the look of water sprite but having a hard time making a decision.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've done research on both but it's nice to hear personal experiences on both. I personally like the look of water sprite but having a hard time making a decision.

Water Sprite does well "almost" completely left alone..good plant gauge your interests on..
Ludwigia?,some are tough to grow&can be demanding...others not so tough,I assume that you may thinking of ludwigia repens...good looking stem plant&not overly demanding...

20L Mafia

Thanks, still trying to decide what kind of short, low light plant to grow too.

Water sprite will grow and grow. It is so easy. It can be attractive, but then needs a lot of pruning because it can get out of control. It's really different from Ludwigia, not sure how to compare them. I have both and they aren't similar.

Water sprite will grow and grow. It is so easy. It can be attractive, but then needs a lot of pruning because it can get out of control. It's really different from Ludwigia, not sure how to compare them. I have both and they aren't similar.

Thanks for the info, I know they aren't similar. Just deciding which one to purchase.

I have so much water sprite right now its insane. I honestly am hording it at this point. When I added C02 to my 55g the stuff was growing about 1" in each direction per day. I took enough out of the 55 to fill a 10g from top to bottom. I just can't bring myself to throwing it away. It is a beautiful plant no doubt. I can send you some, I would just need you to cover the shipping. I will do a 1/19 bleach dip prior to shipping so that if there is anything odd it would be killed off, and you can do the same when you get it as well. The sprite has been in a tank without fish or inverts for about 2-3 weeks, the only thing in the tank is some miracle-gro potting mix secured in pantyhose for supplemental fertilizer which does wonders as well. (especailly for planting dwarf four leaf in substrate). Here is a picture of the tank from 2 days ago, this way you can get an idea of what it looks like with other plants and decor. (yes i know the back is see thru right now, working on making a moss wall, and this was prior to the dwf 4 leaf getting tranplanted)

Attachments

• sprite.jpg
    sprite.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 70
Water sprite is great if you can keep it trimmed up. Mine took a while to adjust to my tank but now it's taking off like crazy.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432136063.919258.jpg

Caleb

I have so much water sprite right now its insane. I honestly am hording it at this point. When I added C02 to my 55g the stuff was growing about 1" in each direction per day. I took enough out of the 55 to fill a 10g from top to bottom. I just can't bring myself to throwing it away. It is a beautiful plant no doubt. I can send you some, I would just need you to cover the shipping. I will do a 1/19 bleach dip prior to shipping so that if there is anything odd it would be killed off, and you can do the same when you get it as well. The sprite has been in a tank without fish or inverts for about 2-3 weeks, the only thing in the tank is some miracle-gro potting mix secured in pantyhose for supplemental fertilizer which does wonders as well. (especailly for planting dwarf four leaf in substrate). Here is a picture of the tank from 2 days ago, this way you can get an idea of what it looks like with other plants and decor. (yes i know the back is see thru right now, working on making a moss wall, and this was prior to the dwf 4 leaf getting tranplanted)

Thanks, but I purchased some from a lfs on Saturday. Looks great!

Just researching how to properly propagate it.

Water sprite is very easy to propagate. Cut wherever you want and it will keep growing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom