Ludwigia Perenuesis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK my spelling might be off, but my question is....why can't I keep this plant alive?

I just love this plant and it looks so lovely in my tank for all of a few days before all the leaves are floating to the top.

I have been trying it in my 90 gallon tanks with discus and angels.

I have CO2 injection (withdrop checker and accurate solution), 4 x 65wpc lighting....when I tried these plants I was dosing EI method (prior to adjusting it for this tanks needs as indicated by various algae outbreaks)

Is this a fussy plant? Do I not have enough light? Can anyone offer any suggestions? I love the color of this plant to contrast against all the green but I just can't seem to keep it alive.....I am uncertain if perhaps the angels find it a tasty snack...this is also a possibility as I have seen them munching my bacopa as though it were candy.

It could be that you keep buying some that was grown emersed. Generally any leaves will be lost that were grown emersed shortly after you submerse it. Given some time you would see new submersed growth at the top. Generally the shape of the leaves is at least a little different. Once you have a few inches of submersed growth, top and replant.

That is a good point. I just seem to want to throw it away as it litters up the tank. I guess I should try it again....maybe order from somewhere else. ;)

Back
Top Bottom