Ludwigia repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
This may sound like a stupid questions but I was told by Brookster that they are nutrient hogs. so I was wondering if certain plants can cause other plants to starve as far as ferts go. Especially when I'm still on DIY co2. At the same time can they cause an imbalance in the tank and contribute to algae?

This may sound like a stupid questions but I was told by Brookster that they are nutrient hogs. so I was wondering if certain plants can cause other plants to starve as far as ferts go. Especially when I'm still on DIY co2. At the same time can they cause an imbalance in the tank and contribute to algae?

No they won't effect the other plants as long as you dose properly and constantly. If they did starve your plants a lot of aquascapes wouldn't have them but they are a very commonly background plant.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

No they won't effect the other plants as long as you dose properly and constantly. If they did starve your plants a lot of aquascapes wouldn't have them but they are a very commonly background plant.

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Thanks Rocky. at the moment I'm dosing leaf zone and flourish per bottle instructions and co2 booster double the bottle instructions. Guess I really need to go to the advanced ferts.

Thanks Rocky. at the moment I'm dosing leaf zone and flourish per bottle instructions and co2 booster double the bottle instructions. Guess I really need to go to the advanced ferts.

How's your lighting?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Ecoxotic e series full spectrum at 65% for 8 hours with a 15min ramp up and down

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ecoxotic e series full spectrum at 65% for 8 hours with a 15min ramp up and down

I think you should be fine with lidwigia repens. There not too hard of a plant to grow

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I think you should be fine with lidwigia repens. There not too hard of a plant to grow

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Oh I'm not having any problem with growing them in fact the exact opposite. I was wondering if they could rob my DHG and star repens of nutrients and cause some algae by doing that.

Oh I'm not having any problem with growing them in fact the exact opposite. I was wondering if they could rob my DHG and star repens of nutrients and cause some algae by doing that.

They shouldn't. Your dwarf hair grass is a foreground plant and ludwigia Repens are in the back so it shouldn't even be a factor

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Too much light, not enough CO2. You really need pressurized with that amount of light. DIY works well for small tanks with around 30 PAR. Anything above that needs pressurized.

Too much light, not enough CO2. You really need pressurized with that amount of light. DIY works well for small tanks with around 30 PAR. Anything above that needs pressurized.

Thanks Carl. I'm ordering the aquatek next week. I have everything except the regulator.

Thanks Carl. I'm ordering the aquatek next week. I have everything except the regulator.

Mike - ? Welcome to the dark side...muhahahah (just rehearsing for next week). As previously mentioned, DIY is fine with right lighting and tank volume. Served me well for almost a year with a finnex Fugeray (par 45).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mike - �� Welcome to the dark side...muhahahah (just rehearsing for next week). As previously mentioned, DIY is fine with right lighting and tank volume. Served me well for almost a year with a finnex Fugeray (par 45).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hehehe yea I just cut the light back to 50% which puts me at a par of 50 at 12" and 6 hours until the regulator gets here.

Back
Top Bottom