MA957 regulator question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prinzlerr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
as I posted on another thread earlier, I purchased and received an MA957 regulator today. I ordered the diffuser with it, and picked up a 5 lb CO2 cylinder from the local welding supply. I followed a couple of helpful guides, and got through all of it...until the bubble counter. It's leaking from the top, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

img_2925648_0_d2a672fad34f360d6db636105e5e2611.jpg

I attached the pic to show you that the leak is caused by the ring between the outer cylinder and the one in the center on the top of the bubble counter. When I apply pressure (via my hand, and not much at all) downward, the leak is gone. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm feeling kind of like a noob at the moment.

Take the top off and make sure the O-ring is seated properly. It might be in there weird and not making a proper seal.

Take the top off and make sure the O-ring is seated properly. It might be in there weird and not making a proper seal.

The O-ring actually wasn't in there at all, which was the problem, lol. Apparently in my excitement to get the thing going, I didn't notice it pop out when I went to fill the bubble counter with water. I must have gone through thirty to forty different articles/posts about the thing before I found a mention of it, and found it on the floor nearby shortly after.

Looks like you got it figured out by finding the o ring, but also be careful when putting the brass cap back onto the clear plastic piece, it's easy to skip over the first thread if not completely level and can damage the threading on the clear piece!
Also setting your bps should be achieved by using the adjustment knob(with the needle valve 100% open per the install instructions), then once correct close your needle valve until it starts to restrict flow, then tweak it back so the flow rate is where you set it with the adjustment knob. This makes it so the correct flow rate is the maximum amount of C02 the regulator will allow into your tank.
Now get your trimming shears ready cause your gonna need 'em!

Back
Top Bottom