Making a spray bar to avoid gassing off CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
A general planted tank question: how did you make the spray bar to lesson the current in your tank as i have the same problem with it being to powerfull

Last edited by a moderator:
phatpaul said:
A general planted tank question: how did you make the spray bar to lesson the current in your tank as i have the same problem with it being to powerfull

PVC pipe and elbows, a drill, a 1/8th inch drill bit, a barb of appropriate size. Assemble only the exterior section with PVC glue so it does not leak outside the tank. Use threaded PVC bits, or just fit the interior pieces together, so you can easily disassemble for cleaning. Start with only a handful of holes, evenly spaced, and try it out. Add more holes if necessary. Paint with Krylon Fusion if you want.

PVC pipe and elbows, a drill, a 1/8th inch drill bit, a barb of appropriate size. Assemble only the exterior section with PVC glue so it does not leak outside the tank. Use threaded PVC bits, or just fit the interior pieces together, so you can easily disassemble for cleaning. Start with only a handful of holes, evenly spaced, and try it out. Add more holes if necessary. Paint with Krylon Fusion if you want.

Couldn't have said it better...... When I was having problems with my 204 on my 29g, the next smallest one I had was a 404, which turned that poor 29g into a whirlpool....:lol: Whipped this up in about 15 minutes (for about $10), and just gave it a day for the PVC cement to cure. If you use 3/4" PVC, it'll snap right into one of the 304/404 hose support clips.

img_2007297_0_c0f24fa1b7338f09208a0a214ed7c548.jpg

img_2007297_1_2c8b290da51f56cda8d8e8839d146175.jpg

Back
Top Bottom