Making Java Moss Carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueRaptor76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
On my recent journey to the fish store I found some java moss which I had been told is great for shrimp breeding so I got a good sized lump of it. From doing research I hear you can turn it to a sort of carpet which I think would look amazing in my tank. I hear that you can bind it to mesh or rocks and wood but I wanted to know if anyone’s personal preferences with making java moss carpet. Any special tricks for keeping it to stay? Any binding material that works the best?

I tried it and it never really got as thick as I wanted. I used string to tie it to wood and was much happier. My favorite carpet is where I bought moss balls and flattened it. IMG_3660.jpg. I target feed my puff on it.

What kind of wood works best? I was hoping for a flat carpet look so I’d need a wood that’s flat and of course safe for my shrimp.

I’ve never found a moss that does flat real well. Here is moss on wood. IMG_0055.jpg

Any kind will work the moss will slowly attach itself.

here's the moss on my driftwood.

Attachments

• A59A0762-2-2.jpg
    A59A0762-2-2.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom