Marimo Balls as a carpet ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, I want something in my tank to look like a carpet.. Im debating on either

A. removing my Driftwood and lava rock in the middle of my 27g hex and freeing up 50% of the tanks bottom and filling it up with more plants...

Or

B. Taking my 3 Marimo Moss (algae) Balls and tearing them open and tying them somehow to the diftwood for a carpet affect..

I like my driftwood as its a big U shape and with it upright and my lava rock holding it up.. It creates a cave almost and I noticed my Adult Gold Barbs like it.. I dunno what do you guys think ?

Here is a top view of my 27g Hex... Should I remove the wood and stone and fill up the middle with more plants ? If so what kind ? Or do you think the wood would look good on the top all wraped in the moss ? Or just leave it like it is.. I love the way baby tears look, and I just started a DIY co2.. but im afraid my 3 T8 bulbs is probly not enough light for them..

So I dunno I like my tank but it just feels like something is missing.... I changed my substrate fromb lue rocks to midnight black floramax... ... Most of my plants minus the sword if I trim it, and the watersprite are pretty slow growers and I have had them for a few months now... My tank is so tall 26 inches and all my plants are only like 6-7 inches tall... Granted I do believe the nesaea and the Telanthara cardinalis and a few others will probably grow to near the top eventually..... Just not sure what to do to make the tank look better

img_2676234_0_af439e793db3babd1279ff3abddf8606.jpg

Yea i have a red tiger lotus in the front.. It just didnt like when i changed substrate and lost a lot of leaves.. But i think the guy sold me a green one with some red sppts... It just grows greeen leaves.. I think the guy lied to me.. Oh well.. A lot of my plants will grow really tall they r just taking forever tlol... I was thinking of making a tower with interior holes and a hollow middle that goes near the top.. Make it out of some kind of stone and attach plants to it to make it look natural.. Not sure yet though

The tiger lotus will change color depending on your lighting. If I am not mistaken higher light equals more red. Are you using ferts? That sword should grow tall in no time but they need root tabs of some sort. I use Flourish but some people make their own using gel caps you get at the health food store. I would consider investing in some T5 HO's when you can. I have never really used LED's to grow plants so I am not sure how they would do on your deep tank.

Back
Top Bottom