Marimo Moss Balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is just a thread to show off your marimo moss balls. Marimos are awesome! Most of mine are 5 to 8 cm. I have one huge one!!

image-3644884310.jpg

image-1470645400.jpg

image-1336248590.jpg

image-3414985411.jpg

I really want to get some of those but they just always look like they are too much money

Lol it's alright my tanks look pretty crowded plant wise rite now but if I get some shrimp I might need one lol

Lol it's alright my tanks look pretty crowded plant wise rite now but if I get some shrimp I might need one lol

Lol ok I was gonna ask if you wanted to trade for some mystery snails

Oooh I keep wanting to get one! Silly question, do you roll the ball at all (for even color/growth) or does it (and fish lol) just do its own thing?

Oooh I keep wanting to get one! Silly question, do you roll the ball at all (for even color/growth) or does it (and fish lol) just do its own thing?

You don't really have to do too much to them. You can just pick it up and rotate it every 2 weeks. And you can also take it out and rinse it every couple weeks too. I just posted some to the classifieds.

Do they like make new little moss balls....if that makes since

Here is a pic of my bigger one in my Edge tank. Then there was the floating moss ball on a string, lol. It is not Marimo, just Java Fern.

I have about 8 little ones all sizes like a pea wee marble to grapes. And then a few bigger ones
60074-albums9764-picture37583.jpg

Then I broke my giant moss ball and hoped it would turn into smaller ones by some miracle. But that didn't happen after waiting for about a year :lol: so I had seen people use them over stones and driftwood, so I used it in my planted jar over my driftwood. It is the green mass in the center crook of the DW. I think it looks pretty good! One of the little ones is in the bottom from of the pic

60074-albums12153-picture55171.jpg

There is a big chunk in the back of the DW I think I will add to a rock or something when I get some extra time!

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my bigger one in my Edge tank. Then there was the floating moss ball on a string, lol. It is not Marimo, just Java Fern.

I have about 8 little ones all sizes like a pea wee marble to grapes. Ant then a few bigger ones

Then I broke my giant moss ball and hoped it would turn into smaller ones by some miracle. But that didn't happen after waiting for about a year :lol: so I had seen people use them over stones and driftwood, so I used it in my planted jar over my driftwood. It is the green mass in the center crook of the DW. I think it looks pretty good!

There is a big chunk in the back of the DW I think I will add to a rock or something when I get some extra time!

Lol do you want any more?

Back
Top Bottom