Marineland LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper92

Aquarium Advice Freak
Might be moving up to a 20 planted and possibly purchasing a LED light with day and lunar lights. Would this be good for my plants and what kind of lighting would it be? Low? Moderate?

Low-modertate. The LEDs set up at my LFS seem really dimly lit.

It depends, are they the singlebright ones? If so..no way. The double bright ml led.s maybe. My advice is get a coralife, therepretty decent cheap t5.s, and my plants love them lol

Yeah they are single. Im scrapped for cash right now and trying to get a decent low- moderate light for not to much especially for a 20g if it were a bigger time i wouldnt expect cheap

See if you can get a waterhome 20G kit. Should be the same price and comes with fluorescent bulbs.

Right now i have asian ambulia, anubias, anacharis, and amazon swords. That light be good for those plants?

I'm not too good with plants but i think you should be good except for the sword. Hopefully somebody more knowledgable will chime in.

You can get a coralife t5 24 in double fixture for under 60 and grow all of those plants. The sword would do better with more light and c02 however

I have Co2 injectors for the tank theyre in now and about 5 watts per gallon at the moment. Better light in my 20g would make me happier and the plants too.

I am not saying my lfs was right but I was looking into a new fixture for my tank (planted) and he was telling me that the new line of Marineland reef capable fixtures were the ones that would work. I asked if the double bright would work and he said no. Hmmmm.... Double may work for a 20 (long)? I'm going to find an article and post the link here. If you find out what'll work let us know because there are a lot of interested people.

Back
Top Bottom