Mason jar planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found an empty mason jar laying around, so u decides to put some dhg, and some xmas moss in it. It has 3 tiny snails in it atm. I just threw it together 10 mins ago.
Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• image-754150366.jpg
    image-754150366.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 337
  • image-607354617.jpg
    image-607354617.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 291
Would it be okay to put a cpl shrimp in there?

The temp will rise and fall due to the sunlight during the day, and about 66 degree house at night, so thats the one thing im wonderig about.

Yeah, that would be really awesome. It's pretty cute! My two amano shrimp were okay in my two gal while I was getting my heater replaced. The temp in the water got down to about 66 degrees, so I would say they would be okay!

Thanks for the help, ill let the jar sit for a week or two, and then ill prob pick up a couple rcs.

Would it be okay to put a cpl shrimp in there?

The temp will rise and fall due to the sunlight during the day, and about 66 degree house at night, so thats the one thing im wonderig about.

It should be ok. I read a report on people keeping an outdoor pond for their RCS and they were fine, even through winter.

I worry more about that small of water getting pretty warm from sunlight but it shouldn't be too big of a swing.

Actually I'm gonna beg you to get the pair. I want to see pictures! What a great little setup this will make! I'm inspired.

Ill keep all this in mind, i plan on getting the rcs sunday. Ill keep everyone updated. I can also do tiny wc's with a medicine dropper.

If only I didn't have cat I would make one too. Have it be a tiny grow out tank for shrimp babies. Talk about a seriously nano aquarium though. :)

In the end i decided agaisnt getting shrinp this week, possible next week will be best.

Back
Top Bottom