Mesh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you thinking about tying moss to it or something?

You can get Plastic Canvas stuff at a crafts store, or use window screen (I'd get the course stuff) from Ace/HD/Lowe's.

You are welcome. I just simply remembered that coleallensmom used hairnets to scape her moss in a rock. :) and it looks great when it grows out...I did the same technique but using a brand new ladies pantyhose..LOL. It works great as well...so I guess it depends on the creativeness for less money.

As Daileene mentioned, I've used Hairnets to keep java moss in place. Depends on what you are looking to do, but they work GREAT if you are just wanting to tie the moss to something and I usually only have to pay a $1 or so at the dollar store for a 2pack.

daileene said:
You are welcome. I just simply remembered that coleallensmom used hairnets to scape her moss in a rock. :) and it looks great when it grows out...I did the same technique but using a brand new ladies pantyhose..LOL. It works great as well...so I guess it depends on the creativeness for less money.

Yeh creativeness is key here on the south of nova scotia not a fish store in sight gotta do 2 and a half highway hours to get to anywhere ands it's just a wallmart with no fish (which Is good lol) and a pets unlimited chain store that has crap, gotta homebuild everything but it's more fun anyway lol and cheaper YAY, diy advice is always apperciated by me, thank you, I use panty hose to keep my baby fish outta the intake lol, I got weird looks when I was buying them (small town) bahaha

LOL....make them look. LOL. savings is what we want for this fulfilling hobby. :) but yes, anything can work as long as it will not hurt the fishes and plants. :)

Back
Top Bottom