Mesh for securing moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen pictures of people using what looks like a green fabric mesh to secure their mosses to various surfaces. Where does one get this kind of mesh? I checked AC Moore and they didnt quite have what I was looking for.

I just use green cotton thread. It will disintegrate over time, by which the moss will have attached itself by then.

I went to target and bought one of those lufa <sp> shower balls. I cut out the center string and it's like a 20ft long mesh tube. It cuts nicely, stretches great, and I twisted it around a rock to hold my ricca down, and used a zip tie to hold the mesh closed.

Oh yeah... I just bought a loofah too from the dollar store. I was planning on experimenting in that way, after I get some riccia that is. I think with the moss, however, the green string would just blend in better -- especially when tying it down to DW or dark stones.

It's like ADA moss cotton, without the ADA price! Simple, green cotton thread... LOL
Jervis_ADA_project_9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom