Mess around 2G cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bert2oo1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I've been fooling around with my little 2G cube. Thought I'd create a thread for it as I tend to scape and tear it down a fair bit.

Some background info:

Substrate: seed raiser soil capped with Eco complete and washed play sand.

Lighting: 6w zolc LED (cheap eBay light)

Filter: cheap eBay HOB (80lph) running half strength (when I put it on)

Plants list: anubias, crested Java fern, AR mini, s repens, Java moss. (Will have a carpet plant either glosso or HC or MC)

Co2: DIY citric acid and bicarb soda mix through a D501 Co2 bridge. Standard diffuser.

The tank is still in the early stages. Not sure if I'll make the tree smaller or not at this stage.
But overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Ideas to improve the design are always welcome.

Pictures of the tank so far:

Share.Pho.to | This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to

All the hardware is in. Forgot to water log the tree so it's floating haha. I'll put it back in place once it sinks ;) will give the Java a good chance to grow with the atmospheric co2.

Running 1bp4s at the moment

Here's a pic with all the hardware
http://pho.to/AeNzD

Trees back in place and I've added 2 crypt wendti's that were off shoots from another tank.

I'll be adding more plants as I get some trimmings from my 60g.

Pic http://pho.to/Aefv2

Hey guys I've been fooling around with my little 2G cube. Thought I'd create a thread for it as I tend to scape and tear it down a fair bit.

Some background info:

Substrate: seed raiser soil capped with Eco complete and washed play sand.

Lighting: 6w zolc LED (cheap eBay light)

Filter: cheap eBay HOB (80lph) running half strength (when I put it on)

Plants list: anubias, crested Java fern, AR mini, s repens, Java moss. (Will have a carpet plant either glosso or HC or MC)

Co2: DIY citric acid and bicarb soda mix through a D501 Co2 bridge. Standard diffuser.

The tank is still in the early stages. Not sure if I'll make the tree smaller or not at this stage.
But overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Ideas to improve the design are always welcome.

Pictures of the tank so far:

Share.Pho.to | This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to
What's the actual light called and not just it's specs please. I need a light for my tank and yours looks great with that light on it

Not much has changed in the cube! Bit of growth in the s repens and moss. Some dust algae has appeared but it's fading out slowly.

Waiting for more clippings from the 60g to finish it off! [emoji108]
http://pho.to/AfE32

Not much has changed in the cube! Bit of growth in the s repens and moss. Some dust algae has appeared but it's fading out slowly.

Waiting for more clippings from the 60g to finish it off! [emoji108]
Sounds pretty beastly! Looking forward to more pics

Yum yum yum. Scape looks delish! Lol

Thanks bud [emoji106] thing of putting some rotala down the back and some more repens and japonica in the front. Don't think I should go overboard with variety

Thanks bud [emoji106] thing of putting some rotala down the back and some more repens and japonica in the front. Don't think I should go overboard with variety
Yeah looks good. I love the tree look!
Keeping simple always looks really nice.

Yeah looks good. I love the tree look!
Keeping simple always looks really nice.

Thanks :) I've always wanted to have a go at a tree again after I failed in my first tank lol would look better if I had weeping moss I think but I've just been using what I have on hand ;)

Think I'll add some pogo helfari aswell but that's a long way away as I need to fill a big space with it in the 60 and it seems to be abit slow spreading so far.

I've also been considering a canister with glass lily pipes and a chihiros N series. Not sure if I want to spend any money on it though.

I've also considered ditching the DIY co2 and using a splitter on my pressurised set up but that means I'd have to move the tank in with the 60.

Pretty sweet...helferi in the sand area? Diy on that should be like a 10lb bottle on a 10g lol

Pretty sweet...helferi in the sand area? Diy on that should be like a 10lb bottle on a 10g lol

Yea that's what I'm thinking. Might get rid of the Java fern and put in the pogo.

Yea the diy's been going strong for 6 days and hasn't even budged the water level lol I'm running 1 bubble a second. Dosing EI macros twice per week.

I do like the ease of pressurised tho. I have to manually turn on the DIY every day.

Back
Top Bottom