Metricide 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelWings

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! I ordered some metricide 28 to use in place of Excel. I have a 150gal, moderately planted with wisteria, anubias, amazon swords.
It has medium light, 4x 96 w bulbs, 6500k, on about 10 to 12 hours per day. The swords have root tabs, and I use API leaf zone once or twice a week. I don't use CO2. Getting black brush algae on leaves and rocks.

Does anyone have an idea how much (ml) of the metricide28 I should be using each day?

Thanks!

I use Metricide 14, which is 2.6x stronger than Excel so I mix 1 gallon of Metricide to 1-1/2 gallons of RO water to get the approximate strength of Excel. But mind you I use the Mertricide 14... I have no clue what the difference is between the 14 and 28 or if there even is a difference. You need to do some serious research to see if there is a difference between the two (in strength). Once you find that out, mix it with RO to the approximate strenght of Excel and dose it the same as you would Excel.

Be sure to throw the little activator bottle that comes with the Metricide away. Whatever you do don't use it.

AngelWings said:
Hi all! I ordered some metricide 28 to use in place of Excel. I have a 150gal, moderately planted with wisteria, anubias, amazon swords.
It has medium light, 4x 96 w bulbs, 6500k, on about 10 to 12 hours per day. The swords have root tabs, and I use API leaf zone once or twice a week. I don't use CO2. Getting black brush algae on leaves and rocks.

Does anyone have an idea how much (ml) of the metricide28 I should be using each day?

Thanks!

Your lights are on way too long. 8-10 hours a day is more than enough.
You will save a ton of money if you invest in a pressurized CO2 setup.

Thanks Rivercats, I'll look into it.

Thanks Blert, I know I should really get a timer for the lights. :) I was trying to stay as low tech as possible, but if that doesn't work out I'll be looking into CO2.

Thanks again, both, for your help.

Back
Top Bottom