Mini Water Lettuce?? Anyone knows a thing or two about it??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkfalcon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought these plants a week ago. I put it into a big aquarium where there exist some goldfishes there (comet and some orandas). There used to be many but now I can count them with my fingers. Did my fishes eat them or something??

And is it good for aquascape or only for ponds? (due to the fact that it grows and spread fast).

And is it not good for certain fishes, etc?

Any information related to this water plant is welcome here. Please tell me as much info you have about this water plant.

(Surfing around the net is kind of tiring and you can most likely encounter the same things (topics, etc) from many sites. So asking to those who knows about this plant directly from here is better IMO xD )

I think you're goldfish are eating them. They love to eat duckweed and other floaters. I had it in my tanks and it grows like mad under the right conditions. Have a place to put it after it grows so much, you probably don't want it to crowd your tanks. The roots also get really long and can choke out plants under them. I like it though, grows fast and good cover!

I think you're goldfish are eating them. They love to eat duckweed and other floaters. I had it in my tanks and it grows like mad under the right conditions. Have a place to put it after it grows so much, you probably don't want it to crowd your tanks. The roots also get really long and can choke out plants under them. I like it though, grows fast and good cover!

Hmmm, Are angelfishes a good fish to combine with these plants? Or maybe not?

And yes the root can be so long and annoying if the aquarium is too small or shallow. But it can be a good "umbrella" for the fishes xD

Back
Top Bottom