Mix ratio for Individual PPS ingredients ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks, I've been using the PPS system for a couple of years now and it seems to be working ok. However, as I get further into the hobby, I'm finding a lot of answers to my questions involve increasing certain levels of my ferts. I'd like to mix my ingredients in individual bottles so if the need arises I can dose more KNo3 or less K2SO4 etc.......Right now everything but my CSM+B are mixed in the same bottle....... Is there any place I can get a mix ratio for the individual bottles, say 250 or 500ml. ? If it says in my main instructions, where everything is mixed together in one bottle, to mix 33 Grams KNO3 in a 500ml bottle, does that mean I can mix that same amount by itself in the same amount of water ? Hope this doesn't sound too confusing !!:lol: And last but not least, is it worth doing individual bottles ?? It seems to make more sense, better control, or am I just over complicating something very easy !! :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips !!

Hey folks, I've been using the PPS system for a couple of years now and it seems to be working ok. However, as I get further into the hobby, I'm finding a lot of answers to my questions involve increasing certain levels of my ferts. I'd like to mix my ingredients in individual bottles so if the need arises I can dose more KNo3 or less K2SO4 etc.......Right now everything but my CSM+B are mixed in the same bottle....... Is there any place I can get a mix ratio for the individual bottles, say 250 or 500ml. ? If it says in my main instructions, where everything is mixed together in one bottle, to mix 33 Grams KNO3 in a 500ml bottle, does that mean I can mix that same amount by itself in the same amount of water ? Hope this doesn't sound too confusing !!:lol: And last but not least, is it worth doing individual bottles ?? It seems to make more sense, better control, or am I just over complicating something very easy !! :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips !!

I'd say that u can mix the individuals into 500ml bottles with no different effect.
3G of kh2po4 to 500ml
33 of kno3 into 500ml etc etc.
the amount shouldn't change as u are adding the same diluted amount to the water but there seperate.

EI index dosing might be better for this though as u add the dry ferts direct to the tank. And u can up or lower dosage as needed. Just google EI dosing in Google. Was made by Tom barr. I recently switched to this over PPS pro.

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Thanks for the note !! I've been giving EI a lot of thought lately and I think it's time to give it a shot !! I read so much on it when I started , but PPS seemed to be the way to go for a generic tank. Again, now that i'm getting a little deeper into it, EI seems like it might be the best way to go........ Thanks again !!!

Thanks for the note !! I've been giving EI a lot of thought lately and I think it's time to give it a shot !! I read so much on it when I started , but PPS seemed to be the way to go for a generic tank. Again, now that i'm getting a little deeper into it, EI seems like it might be the best way to go........ Thanks again !!!

Yea I started with PPS pro aswell but now I've gone to EI I wouldn't go back. I brought a pill box (the ones oldies use) with Monday Tuesday etc on it and I just fill them up with the ferts I need to dose per day when I do my weekly water change. Then I don't need to measure it out each day!

Let me know how u go with it!

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Back
Top Bottom