Mondo grass in aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought three pots of this mondo grass before I could do research because I thought it looked like a good background for my 10 gallon but later I researched that it will die within a month because it belongs in a yard. So I was wondering is it possible to keep alive submerged?

I attempted it but had no success. I bought mine from pet smart without trying to learn anything about it.

+1 me too it worked in my planted tank didn't grow much over the 3-4 months i had it, than recently i tried putting it in a window planted bowl partially submerged and it melted lol

I think that I will just try it and see if it works because I already bought it for my tank not my lawn so will see what happens.

Thanks for the replies

It is not aquatic and will eventually die and rot, polluting the tank. You can plant it out in your yard or in a pot to keep inside.

They are still alive after a month and going strong. they haven't grown much, and they haven't lost that many leaves either they are in my big 75(not perminate home). I just want to see if it lives but I might update again in another month.

They are still alive after a month and going strong. they haven't grown much, and they haven't lost that many leaves either they are in my big 75(not perminate home). I just want to see if it lives but I might update again in another month.

Take Rivercats advice on this one,it will die in a matter of time..not a true aquatic plant..if you have a smartphone search the plants profile before buying so you're informed&making good decisions when it comes to purchasing plants..

Back
Top Bottom