Monte Carlo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandSomeDevil13

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have been looking into carpet plants lately and I'm considering Monte Carlo as my first carpet plant, and was curious if anyone has experience with using Monte Carlo as a carpet plant? Is it a demanding plant or will high lights liquid ferts and and root tabs be enough to carpet a nano tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Monte is a plant that IMO would do best in a high tech tank. By high tech, I mean a strong light, a nutrient rich substrate, injected Co2 and some water column fertilizers. Personally, I've never had it but this is just what I've heard from others who have grown it successfully. In your nano tank, root tabs likely wouldn't be good enough. What kind of lighting do you have?

I have a finnex fugeray led, eco complete substrate and I do use root tabs and liquid ferts. The only thing I do not use is co2. I would use liquid co2 but my background plants are Val's and I don't want to run the Risk of them melting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had monte carlo in my 47gal and it's a very hardy plant. I say that because as my tank turned to crap it was the last plant to give up the ghost. Even with the sporadic lighting and very few water changes it survived.

That said, while my tank was running as it should have it grew at a medium rate and established itself with strong roots. I used medium lights, EI ferts, and Pressurized CO2. I believe that with higher lights it world have grown fast.

Back
Top Bottom